Blackfriars Sinfonia is one of the oldest amateur orchestras in London. After World War Two, many of London's electricity companies had amateur music groups. In 1948, following nationalisation of the industry and the formation of the LEB, these groups were brought together as the London Electricity Sports and Social Association (LESSA) Music Society.
Over the years, the orchestra welcomed many members from outside the LEB and in 1998 it became independent being renamed as the Blackfriars Sinfonia.
Site design and content copyright © 1948-2020 Blackfriars - Sinfonia, all rights reserved.